Use the below Binary to Decimal Converter to convert a binary number to decimal number:
- Binary to hexadecimal Converter
- Binary to octal Converter
- Binary to gray code Converter
- Binary to text converter
Binary numbering system uses only two symbols 0 and 1. Each digits of a binary number is referred to as bits. Binary system is also known as base -2 system. Each digit is represented by the increasing power of 2 from the LSB (Least Significant Bit). Binary system is the heart of digital electronics and is used for information flow. In digital electronics, 0 and 1 are used to denote logic states, high and low. Arithmetic operations are also possible in binary system.
Whole number, a decimal point and a fractional value combines to form a decimal number. The decimal point separates the whole number part from the fractional part of the number. Each digit of a decimal number can be any number from 0 to 9. Any value less than 1 is written to the right of decimal point. Decimal numbers are also known as base-10 number or counting numbers. Place value of decimal number varies as the whole number powers of 10 starting from the left of decimal point. Similarly, the place value of digits left to decimal point varies as the division of power of tens.
Follow the below steps to convert any binary number to decimal number
A binary number can be converted into decimal number using the following formula:
Decimal Number = (Dn X 2n + …………… + D2 X 22 + D1 X 21 + D0 X 20).
Dn – D0 → digits of a binary number.
n → Position count starting from 0 (left to right).
Example: Convert 11112 to decimal number
Decimal number = (1 X 23 + 1 X 22 + 1 X 21 + 1 X 20) = 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 1510
Read More: How to convert a binary number to a decimal number
Binary to Decimal conversion table
- Decimal to Binary converter
- Decimal to Octal converter
- Decimal to Hexadecimal converter
- Decimal to Gray code converter
- Octal to Binary converter
- Octal to Decimal converter
- Octal to Hexadecimal converter
- Octal to Gray code converter
- Hexadecimal to Binary converter
- Hexadecimal to Decimal converter
- Hexadecimal to Octal converter
- Hexadecimal to Gray converter
- Gray Code to Binary converter
- Gray Code to Decimal converter
- Gray Code to Octal converter
- Gray Code to Hexadecimal converter
- Binary converter
- Decimal converter
- Octal converter
- Hexadecimal converter
- Text to binary converter
- Text to hex converter